Filming Western Approaches
Distributed for Liverpool University Press
"Liverpool University Press deserves huge credit for publishing this book... The book has been handsomely produced with some fine stills and ought to find its way into the library of any institution that teaches about British cinema."—Viewfinder
1. Faltering steps
2. Dog's body
3. Night Mail
4. Bernard Shaw exposed
5. Harry Watt challenged by the Savings Bank
6. 'In loco parentis'
7. Rungs of the ladder
8. The G.P.O. becomes the Crown Film Unit
9. A passenger of the Ancient and Tattered Airmen
10. No escape from a dreary chore
11. Not a remake of Drifters but all at sea
12. Blank despair
13. We walk the course
14. 'Tally Ho.' The hunt is on
16. Faltering steps, again
17. A non-starter for a start
18. 'Dead slow ahead'
19. S.O.S. to the C. in C.
20. The Temeraire to the rescue
21. The white swan from Norway
22. How to round up the remnants
23. So, this is Hollywood!!
24. An assignment, at last
25. John Sullivan and Pinewood to the rescue