Introduction by John Bryden and Robert Storey
1. Out of Poverty
2. Lessons From 12 Years of Planning in North Norway
3. Let Us Now Praise Dragging Feet!
4. Local and Political Conditions for the Maintenance of Marginal Communities
5. Phases in the Development of North Norwegian Settlement Structure
6. Five Attempts at Planning the Development of North Norway
7. The Crisis of Community
8. Arctic Agriculture
9. Full Employment and the Buffer Function
10. Closing the Commons Means Ruin to All!
11. The Role of Imported Labour in Agribusiness
12. Avoiding Unwanted Futures
For more information, or to order this book, please visit http://www.press.uchicago.edu