The Pleasure's All Mine
A History of Perverse Sex
Distributed for Reaktion Books
Delving into the specialized cultures of pain, necrophilia, and bestiality and the social world of plushies, furries, and life-size sex dolls, Peakman considers the changing attitudes toward these, as well as masturbation, “golden showers,” sadomasochism, homosexuals, transvestites, and transsexuals. She follows the history of each behavior through its original reception to its interpretation by sexologists and how it is viewed today, showing how previously acceptable behaviors now provoke social outrage, or vice versa. In addition, she questions why people have been and remain intolerant of other people’s sexual preferences.
The first comprehensive history of sexual perversion and packed with both color and black and white images, The Pleasure’s All Mine is a fascinating and sometimes shocking look at the evolution of our views on sex.
1. Taking it Straight
2. From Onanism to Spending
3. From Ganymedes to Gays
4. From Female Friendships to Lipstick Lesbians
5. From Transvestites to Transsexuals
6. A Man’s Best Friend: Bestiality
7. The Ties that Bind: Sadomasochism
8. Loving the Dead
9. Too Close for Comfort: Incest
10. Child Love or Paedophilia?
11. The Games People Play
12. On Body Parts: Fellatio, Fetishism, Infibulations and Fisting
Epilogue: A Limit to Tolerance