Practical Social Pedagogy
Theories, Values and Tools for Working with Children and Young People
Distributed for Policy Press at the University of Bristol
Preface to the English edition
1. Introduction—why social pedagogy?
How to use this book
Social pedagogic discourse
2. Theoretical perspectives on social pedagogy
Social pedagogic theory
What does social pedagogy draw from the neighbouring sciences?
3. From theory to practice
The social pedagogue practitioner’s relationship with theory
Primary and secondary tasks
A way to behave
4. Who is the social pedagogue?
What is the social pedagogue?
5. What does the social pedagogue do?
The social pedagogic context
6. Where does the social pedagogue work?
7. What are the tools of the social pedagogue’s trade?
A rest from development and change-oriented work