How Many Miles to Babylon?
Travels and Adventures to Egypt and Beyond, From 1300 to 1640
Distributed for Liverpool University Press
List of Illustrations
List of Abbreviations
1. The Mamluk Rulers of Egypt
2. Egypt Imagined and the Realities of the Voyage
3. The Maritime Port of Alexandria
4. Sailing Upstream to Cairo
5. Cairo: 'Meeting Place of Comer and Goer'
6. Venetian Diplomacy and the Arrival of the Ottomans
7. Exploring the Pyramids and Mummy Fields
8. Pilgrims to the Monastery of St Catherine
9. Adventures with the Mecca Caravan
10. To the South