A Future for Africa
Critical Essays in Christian Social Imagination
Distributed for University of Scranton Press
Section One: Memory
1. Remembering Idi Amin: On Violence, Ethics, and Social Memory in Africa
2. AIDS, Condomization, and Christian Ethics
3. September 11th: "Why Do They Hate Us So Much?"
Section Two: Performance
4. Postmodern Illusions and Performances
5. Christianity, Tribalism, and the Rwanda Genocide
6. Kannungu and the Movement for the Restoration of the Ten Commandments of God in Uganda
Section Three: Imagination
7. A Different World Right Here: The Church Within African Theological Imagination
8. Of Faces of Jesus and The Poisonwood Bible
9. Racism: Christian Resources Beyond Reconciliation
10. Hauerwasian Hooks, Stories, and the Social Imagination of "The Next Christendom"