Politics, Personality, and Social Science in the Twentieth Century
Essays in Honor of Harold D. Lasswell
This collection of essays is the first full-scale effort to deal with the voluminous writings of Lasswell and explore his at once charming and baffling personality which is perhaps inseparable from the inventiveness, unconventionality, and unusual scope of his work.
The authors of these essays, many of whom are former students or collaborators, view their subject from a variety of perspectives. What emerges is a full assessment of Lasswell's many-faceted contribution to the social scholarship of his time.
Arnold A. Rogow
1. Harold Lasswell: A Memoir
2. The Maddening Methods of Harold D. Lasswell: Some Philosophical Underpinnings
3. The Mystifying Intellectual History of Harold D. Lasswell
Bruce Lannes Smith
4. Psychoanalysis and the Study of Autonomic Behavior
Roy R. Grinker, Sr.
5. Toward a Psychiatry of Politics
Arnold A. Rogow
6. The Study of Political Processes in Psychiatric Illness and Treatment
7. Content Analysis and the Study of the "Symbolic Environment"
8. Managing Communication for Modernization: A Developmental Construct
9. Content Analysis and the Intelligence Function
Ithiel de Sola Pool
10. Scientific Heroism from a Standpoint within Social Psychology
Arthur J. Brodbeck
11. Dynamic Functionalism
Allan R. Holmberg
12. Reflections on Deference
13. Some Quantitative Constraints on Value Allocation in Society and Politics
Karl W. Deutsch
14. Harold D. Lasswell and the Study of World Politics: Configurative Analysis, Garrison State, and World Commonwealth
William T. R. Fox
15. Legal Education for a Free Society: Our Collective Responsibility
Myres S. McDougal
Bibliography of Works by Harold D. Lasswell compiled by Jerry Gaston