Gewirth's Ethical Rationalism
Critical Essays with a Reply by Alan Gewirth
1. The Subjective Normative Structure of Agency
E. M. Adams
2. Gewirth's Ethical Monism
Marcus G. Singer
3. The Roots of Moral Reason
4. Do Agents Have to be Moralists?
R. M. Hare
5. Against Ethical Rationalism
6. Rights and Conflicts
D. D. Raphael
7. Negative and Positive Rights in Gewirth's Reason and Morality
8. The "Is-Ought' Problem Resolved?
W. D. Hudson
9. Public Pursuit and Private Escape: The Persistence of Egoism
10. Deontologism, Negative Causation, and the Duty to Rescue
11. Gewirth and the Supportive State
Douglas J. Den Uyl and Tibor R. Machan
12. Are Marginal Agents 'Our Recipients'?
James F. Hill
13. Replies to My Critics
Published Writings by Alan Gewirth